1 part Yams or Sweet Potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 part Apples, chopped and peeled (opt) (I used Golden delicious bc they're good for baking)
Pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)
Maple Syrup (I did about 1/3 C for 4 or 5 small yams and 3 apples)
Cinnamon (maybe a tsp? you decide :)
1. Peel and chop yams/sweet potatoes. Layer in a 9x13 pan
2. Peel and chop apples. Keep apple pieces larger bc they shrink a bit
3. Sprinkle chopped nuts on--if desired.
4. Heat maple syrup and cinnamon in a sauce pan just to incorporate flavor. (I've made this without heating and just stirring them together and it turns out ok, too).
5. Drizzle syrup over the mixture and toss till all coated.
Bake @ 350 for about 30 minutes or until tender. I recommend covering with foil to keep yams from drying out. Stir again before serving.